Railroad Forums 

• Metro North at Bound Brook

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1273873  by hazmatmess

Saw this special on NJT at Bound Brook today (Saturday 5/31/14). Went West at a high rate of speed, didn't stop and then East at a high rate of speed and again didn't stop. Had two cars and two engines. Metro North car #6708, New Jersey Transit car #6058, New Jersey Transit Engine #4003 and Metro North Engine #4910. Anyone have any idea what this was about?
Attachments:
MTA4.jpg
MTA4.jpg (39.5 KiB) Viewed 3191 times
MTA2.jpg
MTA2.jpg (44.03 KiB) Viewed 3191 times
MTA1.jpg
MTA1.jpg (49.16 KiB) Viewed 3191 times
 #1274016  by hazmatmess

I was thinking stay equpt but this train didn't stop at all. Both times it flew past the station. It had 1 MN passenger c ar, 1 NJT passenger car, 1 NJT engine and 1 MN engine. I was thinking some kind of test train or special mgmt run. Still interesting though. Thanks for the reply.
 #1274131  by pumpers

Beats me. Just to be clear, this was on the NJT tracks and not Conrail, correct?
How long was it before the return trip? JS
 #1274142  by SecaucusJunction

The pictures show that it is on NJT tracks. The funny thing is, while I have not been able to catch every train to Port Jervis, I haven't seen an F40 out there for weeks on the Southern Tier.
 #1274701  by hazmatmess

Pumpers: Yes, the train is on NJT tracks.

I also posted this in the NJT section and I was told this: "It was running so that the equipment pictured may return to revenue service. That's all you need to know and all that needs to be shared with the public. Test trains run countless times each week for various reasons."

So I got my answer. Interesting sight to see.
 #1274727  by BigDell

"It was running so that the equipment pictured may return to revenue service. That's all you need to know and all that needs to be shared with the public. Test trains run countless times each week for various reasons."
Seriously, Hazmatmess? Ouch.
A little civility would have been nice on the other person's part. Anyway I just want to say I ENJOYED the photos and I was curious too, so thanks for posting all that!
 #1274790  by hazmatmess

BigDell wrote:
"It was running so that the equipment pictured may return to revenue service. That's all you need to know and all that needs to be shared with the public. Test trains run countless times each week for various reasons."
Seriously, Hazmatmess? Ouch.
A little civility would have been nice on the other person's part. Anyway I just want to say I ENJOYED the photos and I was curious too, so thanks for posting all that!

Ehhh, some peopl ehave good days, others bad. No big deal. Maybe it was carrying top secret nuclear launch codes. :wink:

I tried posting the video, great 8 second clip.