• MARC's electric locomotives

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by Robert Paniagua

Do you know if these Electric MARC units have ACSES so that they can operate east of MP79.0 (East Haven) on the Connecticut Shore Line to Boston Cabot/South Station, in case they are needed as holiday extras?

Yes

by amtrakhogger

Yes, all MARC electric locos are equipped with ACSES and yes they
can operate east of New Haven. Usually during the Thanksgiving
Holiday most borrowed MARC equipment runs WAS-NYP. I do not know
if any has run to NH or Boston in the past.

Yes

by amtrakhogger

Yes

by amtrakhogger

by Robert Paniagua

Oh good then, maybe we'll see one up this way during the holiday extra run!! With Amtrak Regional coaches.
  by amtrakhogger

Sorry about the duplicate posts.

by chuchubob

HHP8 4910 at Frankford Junction (Philly) on t
Thanksgiving Sunday 2005 and 4915 last year
Last edited by chuchubob on Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by Sand Box John

"amtrakhogger"
Sorry about the duplicate posts.

When you login there is an "X" button next to the "quote" and "edit" buttons in your posts. Click the "X" button and you will be asked "Are you sure you want to delete this post?" click "Yes" and it will delete the post.

by dmclement

CAn anyone confirm whether the Meatballs/Toasters (AEM-7's) are currently in service? I visited Washington in May & Nov 2006 and found all HHP-8's running the passenger trains to/from Baltimore. I heard a rumour that the HHP-8's had gone away for a rebuild, is this true? Have any/all returned to service yet?

Thanks

Damian
Last edited by dmclement on Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

by octr202

Damian,

The latest Railpace is reporting that one of the HHP-8's has gone to Wilmington for overhaul. I'll try to check the number when I find the magazine again.[/i]

by realtype

I'm don't know of any HHP-8 being taken out of service, but do I know that MARC sent their AEM-7s to Wilmington in Aug 2006 for an 18-month rehab by Amtrak (new paint, electrical systems etc.). However, it seems that one of them returned early as since last Nov. I've seen it off and on the Penn Line. In addition, I have sometimes seen Amtrak AEM-7s pulling MARC trains.

by dmclement

I meant had the AEM-7's gone for a rebuild, not the HHP-8's! Doh.

by gprimr1

MARC also has a fleet of non-electric engines that provide alot of off-peak service (mostly mid day and late evening) so there are more than 10 engines.

by realtype

MARC AEM-7 #903 is back in service. I saw it at Union Sta. this morning and a couple other times over the past week.

by realtype

Picture that I took of AEM-7 4903 @ WAS this morning:

http://flickr.com/photos/7367453@N08/23 ... /?edited=1

This one seems to be put in service sporadically; I've only seen it every couple of weeks or so. The other 3 AEM-7s are probably still in Wilmington being overhauled, but are due back later this year I think.