Railroad Forums 

• LV Cato

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#721008  by nydepot

Referencing Mike Bednar's new LV Facilities book: I cant find a reference to a turntable at Cato (on line to Fair Haven). 1904 and 1954 maps don't show one. Photo of TT is from 1949.

It shows it across from the station.

Anyone know exactly where it was, what tracks were between it and the station?

Thanks,

Charles
 #721582  by lvrr325

Across, as in in front? The line's running north-south in kind of a troth there, there's no obvious evidence of one today and it would have had to have been pretty small. No real room behind the station that I remember.
 #721594  by nydepot

Yes in front. I'm getting word that the photo caption is in error. No turntable at Cato. More when I find out.

Charles
 #721888  by lvrr325

I'm not sure there even was one at Fair Haven, there isn't on what maps I have. I never got any Cato stuff or I'd look.