Railroad Forums 

• Looking for photos of a CN Caboose

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#883319  by march hare

...a very specific caboose (OK, OK, it's a van, I know)

Some years back, I bought a Hawker Siddley van 79270 from CN and moved it to my property in upstate NY. I would like to find some photos of it in service if I possibly can.

A whole buch of paperwork came with the car, some of which suggested that it was in the Sault Ste Marie area for the last few months of its career. Before that, I don't know.

The few CN employees I've talked to were not impressed with the ride qualties of these cars. Obviously, I can't speak to that but the interior appointments were far better than any caboose I ever saw in service in the US.

So, if you could, look through your old slides and prints, maybe you have a shot of CN 79270?