Railroad Forums 

• Lindenhurst Team Track -- Aerial Photo

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #734431  by rb

Not sure what the official name of this track is, but here is an aerial photo I took this summer.
(1016.1 KiB) Downloaded 4000 times
 #740491  by MNR's #1 Conductor

rb wrote:Not sure what the official name of this track is, but here is an aerial photo I took this summer.
team.jpg
How close to Babylon was this shot?? This looks more like the Babylon Team Tracks.
 #742370  by MNR's #1 Conductor

ex-tc driver wrote:just south of the sunrise hwy overpass and railroad west of babylon team yard
If that being true, this is the Wellwood Double-End Freight siding
 #774869  by GJ

This is just south of Sunrise Highway (Route 27) in Lindenhurst. The spur is between the Central Line and North Queens Ave. IIRC they receive stone, and building materials. The LIRR yard is several hundred feet south of this spur in West Babylon. I believe this location received by rail in the past but was dormant for years.