Alas, it's not so simple. Lima diesels used Hamilton engines, similar to those used in re-powering many gas-electric cars: a very different design from the De La Vergne.
Interestingly, each of the Big Three steam builders took over or merged with another company to get access to diesel technolgy so they could enter the diesel locomotive business: Alco took over McIntosh & Seymour (of Auburn, NY, so at least in the same state as Schenectady) in 1929, Baldwin bought De La Vergne (which had initially had facilities in New York but by that time was a Philadelphia area company) in 1931 (and moved its operations into the -- underutilized? -- Eddystone complex), and Lima, the last of the Big 3 to try to enter the diesel locomotive market, merged after WW II with the General Equipment Co. of Hamilton, Ohio. ... Diesel engine design and building was apparently a specialized enough technology and industry that it was seen as easier to buy a specialist company than to develop your own engine line in-house: Even General Motors bought Winton, and GE, when it decided to go into serious heavy-locomotive building, bought a design from, and initially dubcontracted engine construction to, Cooper-Bessemer!