Railroad Forums 

• Licking County, Ohio CSX Route - Question about accident

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#461286  by Rail_girl

Hello,

I have kind of a strange question and hope someone can give me some information/background. We've recently moved into Licking County Ohio(East of Pataskala). We live near the CSX tracks. A neighbor said that there was an accident approx. ten year ago and 2 boys were killed on the tracks. Anyone familiar with this story or anything else happening on these tracks in that area.

Thanks for any info.

Rail_Girl

#461405  by conrail_engineer

Just for smirks and giggles, I did a google search, and turned up nothing.

Finding it will be hard, since a lot of news that happened pre-Internet didn't get put into the digital database. Your best bet would be to go to the library in the victims' hometown (or call if you're far away) and look at local newspapers in the time frame.

#461482  by Rail_girl

Thanks for the reply CE. I am going to try to do more research. The neighbor says this occurred about 10 years ago and the trains often stop behind our house and there are weird sightings. I was hoping someone might be familiar with the area and could tell me if they have heard or noticed anything.

I love having a train in the backyard again! I grew up with the Illinois Central in our backyard and now have CSX.

Thanks Again!

Rail_Girl

#462028  by CSX Conductor

RailGirl, first off welcome to the forums. Next time you see the person who told you of the accident perhaps ask more info......for example, was it a derailment or was it just a case of a train striking trespassers?