Railroad Forums 

• Landsdowne, MD

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#953798  by gprimr1

I have been a resident for Baltimore for about 6 1/2 years now, and done a lot of railfanning in the south part of Baltimore county.

I have always wondered if CSX still uses the siding that crosses Hollins Ferry Road that used to lead to the Washington foods plant. I know part of the siding is out of use, but the crossing is maintained and it looks like two tracks do go back behind another building.

Also, if you go to the end of Hollins Ferry, and turn right, go under the railroad, there is a DECREPIT crossing leading into a building. I've seen tank cars before, but not for a long time, but the rails do go into a building across from Cowan trucking.

Are these rare service sidings?
 #957127  by SurlyKnuckle

I was told that once they stopped servicing the customers in there that it was used for RCO training?

Don't know for sure...just what I was told.