Railroad Forums 

• Lackawanna Pullman Car

• Discussion relating to the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western, the Erie, and the resulting 1960 merger creating the Erie Lackawanna. Visit the Erie Lackawanna Historical Society at http://www.erielackhs.org/.
Discussion relating to the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western, the Erie, and the resulting 1960 merger creating the Erie Lackawanna. Visit the Erie Lackawanna Historical Society at http://www.erielackhs.org/.

Moderator: blockline4180

#205962  by livesteamer

while visiting the Chandler (AZ) Railroad Museum, I met a fellow and his wife from Rochester, NY and he told me that he owns a Lackawanna Pullman car now on display at the Chandler site. He gave me a business card but I managed to lose the card in last night. He calls the car Lackawanna #98 and told me that he had recently moved the car to the Chandler site..

Anybody out there know this fellow and how to get a hold of him? I get to Chandler a couple of times a year and I would like to visit his car.

#206218  by Tri-State Tom

Marty -

WOW....good find !

AIR #98, if original, was one of the E-L Business cars along with #'s 97, 99 and one other. Can't recall if it was #98 or 99 that was part of a restaurant in Pittsburgh for years but then privately purchased and moved by rail to I think upstate NY somewhere.

Try getting in touch with Larry DeYoung via the ELHS or maybe Mike DelVecchio via the Morristown & Erie RR.

How'd it look....still in maroon & gray ?

#206349  by livesteamer

No real find! I just ran into the owner. Rich Pennisi lives in the Phoenix area and plans to get over and check the car out. He (Rich) believes it may have been assigned to Perry Shoemaker. I was offered tour but had absolutely no time to check it out. I was already over an hour later for appointment.

#206358  by Tri-State Tom

Oh Rich will know for sure....

BTW, please give him my regards....and that his presense is missed here.

#206389  by livesteamer

Contact me off list if you want Rich's email.

[email protected]

#207108  by Ken W2KB

Tri-State Tom wrote:Marty -

WOW....good find !

AIR #98, if original, was one of the E-L Business cars along with #'s 97, 99 and one other. Can't recall if it was #98 or 99 that was part of a restaurant in Pittsburgh for years but then privately purchased and moved by rail to I think upstate NY somewhere.

Try getting in touch with Larry DeYoung via the ELHS or maybe Mike DelVecchio via the Morristown & Erie RR.

How'd it look....still in maroon & gray ?
97, 98, 99 were the CNJ business car numbers, too. Wonder if that was a coincidence or common practice?

#207112  by livesteamer

More updates on Lackawanna #98--it was, in fact, the business car assigned to Perry Shoemaker. The owner has confirmed that information in a recent email. Should anyone want to contact Dave, please contact me off line at [email protected]