Railroad Forums 

• Lackawanna Cutoff book

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

#11484  by rfalcone

Have any of you seen the book by McCabe and Gordon on the construction of the Lackawanna Cutoff? The exact title is: A penny a view...an album of postcard views. Building the Lackawanna Cutoff in Sussex and Warren Counties, N.J.

I got it not too long ago and found it very interesting. It answered a lot of questions I had.

Has it been around a while and I just found out about it or what? Any way, has anyone seen it and what are your thoughts on it.

Rich

#11654  by Greg

I have it also, and it is a rather recent publication. As a bit of a Lackawanna historian it was nice to see new views of a project that has already been covered in every other DL&W historical book.

#16927  by NJ Vike

Can't seem to find it. Can ayone recommend a book store?

Thanks
 #35225  by NJ Vike

rfalcone wrote:Have any of you seen the book by McCabe and Gordon on the construction of the Lackawanna Cutoff? The exact title is: A penny a view...an album of postcard views. Building the Lackawanna Cutoff in Sussex and Warren Counties, N.J.

I got it not too long ago and found it very interesting. It answered a lot of questions I had.

Has it been around a while and I just found out about it or what? Any way, has anyone seen it and what are your thoughts on it.

Rich
There are several book sore that carry the book. One is in Newton and the other is a book store in Byram next to the Shoptire.

They also have two voumes (same author, I believe) trains in Sussex County.