Railroad Forums 

• Lackawanna County looks to revive the Laurel Line (L&WV)

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#744780  by Trails to Rails

It will never happen in a 1000 years. Lackawanna County is so damn corrupt that any money will just end up in some politicos pocket.

Even the NJT Cutoff deal is a dead duck. It has only been talked about for more than 20 years and is no closer to reality than it was when I was a commuter riding on the bus in the mid 80's listening to all the talk about the "trains coming back".

I'm STILL waiting!
 #745865  by SemperFidelis

Out of all of this I could see maybe the Carbondale to Scranton being implemented with some sort of DMU service. On the plus side, it's a line that makes its way through the centers of small towns (though none are very prosperous). On the downside it's a line that has no logical terminus in Scranton as it's entry to Scranton is a few blocks away from the center of the bus system at Wyoming Avenue and the junction is set up the werong way to bring any light rail any closer to center city.

The area's broke and not really an economically stimulated area. Saving some sort of turn around in the fortunes of the whole valley, I'd say that this'll get studied (so someone's brother can get a $200,000 payoff) and then forgotten.