Railroad Forums 

Discussion of Canadian Passenger Rail Services such as AMT (Montreal), Go Transit (Toronto), VIA Rail, and other Canadian Railways and Transit

Moderator: Ken V

#1539270  by NH2060

What railroad and livery (CN, CP, etc.) and on what locomotive model would you most like to see?

I think the 1970s-era CN "noodle" and zeebra stripes scheme as it appeared on the EMD F-units would look sharp on one of the new Chargers :-D

I would say take a stab at a CPRail "action red" Charger, but I'm afraid it wouldn't do it justice. It was perfect for the FP7s and FP9s but no other locomotive.
 #1539285  by NaugyRR

I was always partial to Canadian Pacific's red and gray as applied to the older diesels...
http://www.railpictures.ca/upload/e8-18 ... locomotive

While unlikely to ever happen, I think the F40's would look pretty attractive in an adaptation of it. The P42's would probably be too hard to adapt to given the odd angles around the cab and blunt nose.
 #1539844  by Pensyfan19

NH2060 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:42 am What railroad and livery (CN, CP, etc.) and on what locomotive model would you most like to see?

I think the 1970s-era CN "noodle" and zeebra stripes scheme as it appeared on the EMD F-units would look sharp on one of the new Chargers :-D

I would say take a stab at a CPRail "action red" Charger, but I'm afraid it wouldn't do it justice. It was perfect for the FP7s and FP9s but no other locomotive.
Since both CP Rail and CN are still in service, VIA would need permission from both of them to do a heritage unit. NJT had to ask permission from Conrail Shared Assets to do the Conrail heritage coach.
But I would feel that any of these paint schemes, maybe even the original green and yellow Canadian National Scheme would look great on any locomotive, especially the F40s and the streamlined chargers.