Railroad Forums 

• Intermodel Service Employee?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#978014  by jes1976

I was wondering a few things about this position. My bf has an interview in two days for this position. I have read everything on the csx website. Can someone give me a little more information? It says new employees may work any shift, holidays, ect.. Which is to be understood. Do they usually put the new hires on night shift? Do they run in shifts like that? 1st, 2nd,and 3rd? Hey, don't get me wrong he does not care and neither do I. Anything to get his foot in the door. If he gets put on night shift how long did it take some of you to get another shift? Also do these employees travel or usually stay local? Will he have to go to Alanta for training? What kind of daily work will he be doing? What does it usually start out paying in Ky? When you get called for an interview and there are only seven positions available how many people would you say were probably called for the interview? What are his chances? He has basically done construction, remodel jobs, labor jobs, and landscaping most of his life. He does not have certifications or a cdl but knows how to operate most equipment like skidsteers, bobcats, drive big trucks ect..Just trying to get a little more insight on the job. Any answeres will help. Thanks ahead of time.