Railroad Forums 

• Information and help to get an Accident Investigation Proced

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#1033910  by netolyra

Hello Everyone,

my name is Floriano Lyra, I'm a graduating in Civil Engineering in Brazil.

I'm making a research for my monograph that is based with a parallel of how to procedure and investigate (technically speaking) with the accidents and derailments In Brazil and with other countries (mainly USA and UK), by analyzing and using rail and truck evidences, imperfection of the superstructure or infrastructure elements and others miscellaneous causes.

I have some Brazilian manuals with the general technical guidelines for the process of investigating railroad accidents and I would like to compare that technical procedures with the procedures of these other countries.

So, can someone help me sharing some info, manuals, or just telling where I can found those Manuals of technical procedures to investigate a derailment/accident? I got a BNSF one that is already helping a lot...

Thank you everyone
Floriano Lyra
 #1033934  by mtuandrew

Welcome, Mr. Lyra!

I can't help with the specific question, other than to point you toward the National Transportation Safety Board homepage. They appear to have some documentation, and would probably be willing to help you find offline documents as well.

Otherwise, I'm moving this discussion to the Railroad Operations forum, where I think it will have more visibility. A link will remain here.