Railroad Forums 

• Identifying Railroad Marks

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#88544  by bigdave

I have an old sledge tool and a rail level that both have the same mark I cannot identify. It looks like a "T" and a "V" and a "W" that have been put together, from top to bottom, TWV, and sort of looks like an arrow. I believe this is a mark for a railroad line, but I have not found it yet. Can anyone help me or help me by telling me where to look? Thanks.
 #140994  by _UPSTATE_SCHDY_

bigdave wrote:I have an old sledge tool and a rail level that both have the same mark I cannot identify. It looks like a "T" and a "V" and a "W" that have been put together, from top to bottom, TWV, and sort of looks like an arrow. I believe this is a mark for a railroad line, but I have not found it yet. Can anyone help me or help me by telling me where to look? Thanks.
I use to have a link to dating rail nails,but dumped it...,bbut im sure of ya took a search on "DATING NAILS" on yahoo or google etc etc youll find what ya need!

#142091  by Drawhead

Dave, I believe that is a company's mark that manufactures RR type tools as i have wondered what it was also.I have several RR tools such as track wrenches,rail & tie tongs,and a few spike mauls that all have that same mark,but some have a RR name in addition to that marked on them wich leads me to believe that the "TWV" connected looking mark would be a manufactures mark that made the tools.
 #143529  by H.F.Malone

Woodings-Verona Tool Co., an old-time supplier of railroad track tools. Was still in business into the 1990s.