Railroad Forums 

• Hudson Revival Project

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#949288  by Alcophile

If anyone, I have recently started a group aiming at the eventual goal building a replica of a J-1e. Our group is not yet incorporated and is looking for more members to get started. We have a website at http://hudsonrevivalproject.webs.com or you like us on Facebook by searching "Hudson Revival Project". I look to hearing your replies and hope some of you will be interested enough to help us make this a reality.
 #955151  by Otto Vondrak

I will reserve comment until I see...

1) Your business plan and fundraising goals

2) Credentials of your engineering staff

3) A factory willing to construct this thing

4) An operating plan and letters of intent from potential operators

Good luck.

-otto-
 #955160  by CarterB

Aren't there a couple of Hudsons still around and even operational....CB&Q and CPR? And a few 'mounted and stuffed' ? (like New York, Chicago and St. Louis ("Nickel Plate Road") #170)
Albeit, not NYC, but seems to me a better starting place than from "scratch".
 #955192  by Otto Vondrak

Restoring one of the extant NYC Mohawks sounds even better. But without a million dollars in the bank and signed operating agreements, it's all moot.
 #976611  by Alcophile

If any of you have ideas to develop any of the criterion Otto mentioned, we want to hear your input. It is more than welcome.