Railroad Forums 

• HOW ABOUT THIS, FOR A COOL CONSIST.....

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#219918  by railroadcarmover

I was in Columbus 2 years ago and saw 2 ex Amtrak F40's and one of the FM H12-44's on an Ohio Central train drilling the yard. I came across this by surprise.
Also interesting was that i was going to bid on the 2 FM's when they were on EBay.

#220165  by Engineer James

Those suckers are still around? I guess they were BUILT TO LAST *L*

#220821  by trainwayne1

When I was on the EL in the late 60's I used to hope to catch the Winter Friday nite job that Started out of Croxton with a couple of units and collected the commuter engines, usually 7 or 8 from Waldwick, and another 7 or 8 more from Suffern, and then take the whole string to Port Jervis where they would be serviced and cycled back east on the weekends freight trains. This allowed the road units (SD-45's U33's and 36's and the Alco Centturys) to turn back west at Port Jervis for better utilization. It was quite a sight....a pair of SD-45's with 15 or 16 RS-2's and 3's, GP-7's and E-8's stretched over what seemed like a quarter of a mile. As a kid, I remember the Susquehanna would always deadhead an engine crew to Butler on the last passenger train on Friday nights to MU the passenger engines and take them back to Little Ferry for use over the weekend on freights.