Railroad Forums 

• Hopewell Junction depot restoration thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1408516  by Bernard Rudberg

A brisk fall day brought out lots of visitors from the Rai Trail today.

Check out the attachment about our Depot Christmas celebration.
We will have a small train layout for the kids to play with.
Bring your kids. We might even get to meet Santa.
Completely free. No charges of any kind.

Also, don't forget the annual train show at the Poughkeepsie Civic Center tomorrow, Sunday 11/13.
Doors open at 10 and we will be there with our usual table.
 #1412834  by Otto Vondrak

I am sad to report that railroad historian and frequent contributor Bernie Rudberg passed away on December 14, 2016. As you know, Bernie was instrumental in having the Hopewell Junction depot restored and turned into a local attraction. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to Hopewell Depot Restoration Corporation, P.O. Box 1044, Hopewell Junction, NY 12533.

http://obittree.com/obituary/us/new-yor ... g/2793909/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-otto-
 #1412868  by charlie6017

I am so sorry to see this sad news. I never met Bernie in person, but followed this thread closely as I found the restoration of this
fine depot interesting. I wish his family and friends the very best.

Charlie
 #1412870  by RussNelson

Thank you for sharing this sad news. I was not a close friend, but always appreciated hearing from him. I donated to the roof project very early on, mostly on faith in Bernie's eventual success (it was a very dark time for the depot). He did well by us, and by his community.
 #1413397  by pumpers

I never had a chance to meet Mr. Rudberg in person but I do look forward to a bike trip to Hopewell Junction. He truly was someone who made a difference, leaving something for so many to enjoy. Jim S.