Railroad Forums 

• Hoboken based ex DL&W engineers...

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#194026  by njt4172

Anyone have a current list of ex DL&W Hoboken based engineers that are still living??? I'm sure there are still quite a few, but as the years pass by it will get thinner....

Anyone know if any of the conductors that were featured in the book "One Day One Conductor" are still alive??? Donald Lambert must be at least in his 90's if he is still with us.....

#194369  by Andyt293

A member of my National Guard unit who retired recently (from the NG) is a NJT Engineer. He is 62 and hired on with the EL. I believe he is #1 on his seniority list. Considering the DL&W ceased to exist almost 43 years ago, any active ex-Lackawanna men would have to be in their late sixties.

#196550  by Al Holleuffer

At least two former DL&W Engineers, both of whom finished out their carreers working for NJ Transit, are still very much alive and active in the hobby. William G. Davidson retired three years ago last running out of Gladstone and Paul Boehrer pulled the pin a couple of years before Bill. Last I talked to Bill he was traveling the globe searching out survivng steam and Paul is active modelling the DL&W in HO scale. Paul also was part of the 614 service crew on its last runs.