Railroad Forums 

• HO scale diorama

• General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment
General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment

Moderator: John_Perkowski

#160339  by Conrail

I've a pair of 2 SD50 dummies and have thought of using them and a few freight cars in a diorama. I know how members on this forum react and respond to unusual postings so I hesitate to ask. I plan to use these 2 SD50's and the 1.25 dozen (15) freight cars to model a collison with a tractor trailer hauling 2 forty foot tanks filled with gasoline. (The second trailer would be 1/2 full.) What would occur if a train lead by 2 SD50's hauling 4 fully loaded double stack containers, 2 1/2 loaded lumber cars, 3 empty boxcars, 2 tank cars filled with corn syrup, and 4 empty flat cars traveling at 55mph on straight level track? (the crew would have safely jumped out.) what would eventally stop the train and about how long would the stopping take? How would the 2 locomotives and the fifteen cars look like after the flames had been extinguished? (the only hazardous material onboard would be the locomotive's diesel fuel)

USS Stargazer NCC-2893
http://www.memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/USS_Stargazer
Last edited by Conrail on Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#160541  by UPRR engineer

Whats up with your picture buddy? Take it off.

Take a lighter and a can of hairspray or WD-40 and torch your models till there good and burned, then toss them in the garbage and get a new hobbie buddy. A crew would never jump off and leave it in power, shut the throttle off, plug it, maybe hit the "kill all motors" button then they would think about jumping.

#160544  by LCJ

Last edited by LCJ on Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#160605  by emd_SD_60

This is where avatar restrictions should come into play... no offense Conrail... :-)

#160610  by AmtrakFan

Conrail,
Can you please remove your Avatar?

#160624  by Conrail

It's removed. I guess I've watched too many movies where the crew jumps and doesn't set the brake. My bad.

USS Stargazer NCC-2893
http://www.memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/USS_Stargazer
Last edited by Conrail on Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

#160638  by GOLDEN-ARM

Now, if only he would remove that "goofy" star trash link...............