Railroad Forums 

• Historical Maps of Connecticut Railroads and Trolleys

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1314326  by YamaOfParadise

Yeah, those ConnCo maps were just indexes.

And based on the Collection Index, the Young (William B.) Collection of the Connecticut Company contains: "The collection consists of correspondence, maps, photographic images, car rosters, administrative reports, and other materials about trolley and street railroad cars and the history of the Connecticut Company, which controlled fourteen divisions of street railroad companies across the state of Connecticut from 1905 to 1948. These documents were collected by William B. Young who compiled this information for a comprehensive database about the company's trolley cars". So they very likely have most of the valuation maps, among many other maps. All their collections are listed there, and if you click the "find aid" link for a specific collection, it brings you to a detailed description and indexing of the contents. So you can easily find what you'd want to look for online before you go there for real, which is nice, especially considering that Storrs is basically in the middle of nowhere and would be a time investment in travel time even from even nearby towns. Though, I've yet to go to visit the archives as of yet, so I can't really say anything from that point on; I haven't had enough of a motivation or need for that information to merit going up there, since the NYNH&H valuation maps are for the most part completely digitized at this point. I'm a UCONN student, but I'm not and won't be at the Storrs campus for another year, so it's still a big time investment. Also note that digital reproductions are limited to 11"x17", so anyone wanting to get reproductions for maps would have to make special arrangements which would probably be a bit costly.