Railroad Forums 

• Hiding avatars/Questions about old data

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#202  by Sir Ray

Question 1 - Is there a way to configure my account so that I don't see Avatars (Sorry, I'm not particularly fond of them)

Question 2 - It kind of bugs me that all that information posted over the past 2 [?] years is in effect gone; yes, some of it was useless or silly or just plain crude, but still lots was useful (one example - the discussion of NYC freight service in Kingsbridge & Marble Hill). Is there a dump of that data that perhaps we could filter and extract useful info from?
Last edited by Sir Ray on Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #561  by denvillerailfan

Any chance of a Read- Only Archive? There was a lot of great info in the old db. It would be a shame to through it out...
I understand how much work it can be to migrate data. What about trying small sections, say one forum at a time? I'm sure if you asked for help, some users could work on it behind the scenes. I know I wasn't done reading all that was in the old db yet.[/quote]
 #1165  by denvillerailfan

Avatars can be dissabled if the proper MODs are installed. Can be downloaded from http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=141622. Looks like this will allow users to choose...

As far as the data is concerned, I don't see any info on their side about database conversions. All I see from reading the FAQ and searching the Knowledge Base, is the allow an ODBC connection to basically allow any DB you wish. If you could forward any details about the old db and new db, I would take a look at what it might take...
Yes, I really want to see the data available!!!

I understand this may be sensitive data,, please contact me via email if you wish to persue this matter. :wink:

Overall, I think you guys are on the right track with the new setup.

#1550  by HighlandRail&DEY-7 652

Where can you get Avatar pictures?
 #2837  by Mike Roque

denvillerailfan wrote:Yes, I really want to see the data available!!!
So do I! I'm actually still working on getting MY hands on the old data, as I still don't have it on my server yet.

I'll see what I can do, but don't hold your breath...it might be a while.