Railroad Forums 

• Heritage Equipment

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1617399  by John_Perkowski

Are the Siemens units bought or leased? If leased, I doubt the leaseholder will repaint without a purchase order and cash.
 #1617497  by CNJGeep

Saw a few screenshots today of the Phase IV Unit #184, now back in regular paint.
 #1618464  by Engineer Spike

I remember the Congressional cars on he Adirondack service. Back around 2002 I got cut off in Saratoga. I was able to hold a job in Buffalo, then ride home on my days off. One trip home we had one of these cars in the train. I made sure to move my seat to that car because it rode better and had more room. I do remember that it unfortunately had somewhat of a musty smell though.
 #1618552  by Railjunkie

Engineer Spike wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:59 pm I remember the Congressional cars on he Adirondack service. Back around 2002 I got cut off in Saratoga. I was able to hold a job in Buffalo, then ride home on my days off. One trip home we had one of these cars in the train. I made sure to move my seat to that car because it rode better and had more room. I do remember that it unfortunately had somewhat of a musty smell though.
They did ride better and from a conductors point of view never had to worry about a door pocket freezing up in the winter. Worked with a few old timers who would refer to them as lumber wagons, why?? I don't know. Loved working them on the Adirondack.