• Heads Up: Run Through Power On CSX Rochester Subdivision

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Matt Langworthy

ScotCP356 wrote:Erie is in East of Cleveland this morning. Won't get in Buffalo til the afternoon & probably won't go through Rochester until this evening.
Thanks, Scot. I guess I must've seen one of the green BNSF units.
  by sd80mac

Matt Langworthy wrote:I was on the ramp from Rt 590 South to I-490 West this morning when I caught a glimpse of a greenish lcomnotive leading a unit tank train eastbound. I did not get a really good look at the locomotive, and there are no recent updates on the HU website... but the locomotive might have been the NS Erie unit.

P.S. It was kind of a surprise to see an oil train on the Chicago Line. They usually go down the West Shore Bypass when travelling eastbound.

I have seen a lot of oil trains going through downtown... one directional traffic would avoid downtown and send down to shore if they're expecting amtrak coming to station soon.. and/or a train is working in Rochester yard that would definitely tie up traffic
  by ScotCP356

CSX Q285 WB passed CP 198 about 20 minutes ago at 12:22pm with IC 2462 "Blue Devil" in charge of the train. Good Luck everyone!!

-Scott
  by ScotCP356

Per Trainorders: EB K010 went through Fostoria, Ohio about around 9:15 am with a fairly decent looking warbonnet leader, possibly a SD75. If is a SD75, then it's a rare gem, as NS start to buying every type of locomotive to end the shortage of power on RR. NS bought some of these SD75's, so again it's rare to see... Good Luck!

-Scott
  by lvrr325

Sunday morning, HLCX 4275 went west on what looked like a local with two CSX GP40-2's.

HLCX is a non-dynamic GP40-2 buit as Boston & Maine 312, and looks like the only one left in a lease fleet.
  by sd80mac

ScotCP356 wrote: as NS start to buying every type of locomotive to end the shortage of power on RR.
-Scott
not that reason. they're buying everything to avoid tier 4 starting this Jan or whenever, also a lot cheaper than new ones with tier 4. EMD builders don't have one ready for tier 4 anyway...
  by C2629

:-D Here's todays K010 with BNSF 284 leading through Churchville, right in front of the circus train.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by ScotCP356

Yesterday's CSX Q156 had a pair of CN's doing the job! CN ES44AC & CN SD70M-2 were doing the work, they met Q385 (with the usual CSX power) at QC356.6 Wayneport NY, and yes indeed I saw the Q156! There was also a WB oil train (I believe it was K011) but it had a BNSF C44-9W trailing behind a CSX C40-8W #7345 (EX-CR 6162) and no it didn't have a RS3L air chime horn which I was disappointed, and Amtrak 64 had the Amtrak 189 "Heartland Flyers The Big Game Train" engine. Now for those who wants to see the CN pair, it should return either on Q157 or Q161 on Tuesday, which will be tomorrow.

-Scottie
  by lvrr325

There is a white Soo Line SD60 regular cab floating about, I saw it going east in Memphis around noon-ish today.
  by BR&P

lvrr325 wrote:There is a white Soo Line SD60 regular cab floating about, I saw it going east in Memphis around noon-ish today.
Either you got that DeLorean up to 88 mph and traveled forward in time, or you mean "yesterday" instead of "today". :wink:
  by ScotCP356

Here are some colorful run through power to look out for within the next 4-5 days on the CSX Rochester Sub!!!!

-In Buffalo, NY as I type this out, there is a K636-12 with KCS ES44AC #4703 (in Southern Belle paint scheme) with Illinois Central SD70 #1034 (Death Star paint scheme) that has arrive from the west....

-Even though the train is long gone already, the power to return north and west, the train was Q268 with Ferromex ES44AC #4662 & UP SD70M #3963. The power itself will return later on a NB train to Selkirk before heading westbound on a different train.

-K075, with 2 CSX ES40DC and a HLCX #6341, in SP colors, with the letters Southern Pacific on the side on the locomotive with the letters HLCX under the numbers. It's the 2nd of 3 engines in the consist.

-K409 should have CP ES44AC #8944 & UP SD70ACe #1989 (Denver & Rio Grande Western Heritage), that should come through before the weekend is here. It will return to Canada before dropping down onto the NS line to Chicago IL.

-Q161 in a few days will have CSX GEVO and BNSF ES44DC 7821 heading westbound to Bedford Park, IL (CSX Intermodal yard). The power was on Q004 yesterday.

Enjoy catching these trains!!

-Scott
  by lvrr325

Tuesday evening I saw an E/B oil train with what appeared to be a CN unit leading a BNSF green/orange unit - was a ways away and looking through trees.
  by ScotCP356

lvrr325 wrote:Tuesday evening I saw an E/B oil train with what appeared to be a CN unit leading a BNSF green/orange unit - was a ways away and looking through trees.
Yeah there was a K040-12 with CN & BNSF power. CN 5481 (SD60) & BNSF 9069 (SD70ACe).
  by ScotCP356

Heads Up! CSX Q351 is heading WB with UP 6737 (Patched CNW OLS paint) and UP 8836 for power. Passed QG 23.8 on the Selkirk Branch at 1:27 PM. Good luck to everyone who wants to catch this!

-Scott