Railroad Forums 

• Hancock Tower

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#420846  by PWV PETE

This sunday my freind and I will be making the treck to hancock to take some pics of the tower before it is gone,then work our way through magnolia cutoff then Cumberland and sandpach grade on the way home.
 #424588  by PWV PETE

Hi all

Yes it was a good day,we started at hancock, we olny stayed at hancock 2 hours took some pics seen 4 trains then worked our way through the cutoff,Cumberland,Sandpatch grade then ended our day just east of Myersdale. seen about 20 trains, documented 18, 3 slipped by behond the trees. I will definetly do this trip again.

#425551  by Cowford

When did HO tower close? I spent a wonderful evening with the operator there many years ago.

#427022  by joshuahouse

Just a warning, the US 522 bridge over the river is undergoing repairs at the moment and is reduced to one lane with a stoplight control system for traffic. It has been known to back up all the way back down to Berkley Springs, which is about 8 miles from the bridge, so you may want to find an alternative way to reach the yard.

#429337  by mmi16

Hancock tower in scheduled to be closed in the Fall of 2007.

#446296  by scooter3798

Great to see that you got to make it down to Hancock for one last time Rob. I always enjoy seeing shots of the tower, especially from inside. Thanks for posting the pics.

Scooter