Railroad Forums 

• Getting Published

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#190278  by mountie17

A lot of it depends on what you shoot and how unusual it is. For example, this past summer I happened to catch a NS local freight, (HO-2), on one of NJ Transit's line. This by it's self is rare, but the fact that NS borrowed a Morristown & Erie alco C-424 made the day! If I had sent a photo of an NS loco on the train instead of the M&E alco, it probably would not have been published, since other photos have been published, with the NS power. Also, obivously location depends a lot. If I were to send the photo to R&R it probably would not be accepted and if I had sent it to Trains, it surely would have been rejected, as these magazines are less local area related. Railpace is more for the Northeast, hence they accepted the photo.

Here's the photo Railpace published in the Nov 05 issue:

http://mountie17.rrpicturearchives.net/ ... ?id=180546