Railroad Forums 

• Framingham Action

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1629350  by l008com

I may be in Framingham later in the week or next week. How many trains go through there, aside from scheduled MBTA trains? How many Amtrak trains and freight trains go through there in a typical day? I don't know what time of day I'll be there. Could be late afternoon, could be evening. We get so little freight here in Woburn, it could be cool to catch some interesting non-commuter rail trains!
 #1629355  by type 7 3704

Probably want to ask this in the New England railfan or the CSX forum.

Amtrak is scheduled at 1:25PM westbound and 7:58PM eastbound.

You have a CSX switcher in the north yard most afternoons. L005 runs most days (I believe Sunday-Thursday - it departs late at night ~10-12, and comes back in the morning, and occasionally runs straight to Worcester). You have 1-2 manifest trains running to/from Worcester most days from Nevins Yard (this has varied quite a bit as to when) - one is symboled L002, and the occasional 2nd has taken on a variety of symbols (L048, Y101, etc.). L010 runs Monday-Thursday I believe - arrives from Readville in the early morning and departs a few hours later. You also have L004 on some days.
 #1629370  by Commuterrail1050

Actually L010 runs Monday-Friday. Lately it’s been coming in around 1PM or so before it leaves 1-2 hours later after putting the cars in the Nevins yard. I did see L048 run that same afternoon. Sometimes Y101 does the wye turn but not always. Sometimes, that or Y102 rearranges the cars between the north and nevins yards. Other than that, 449, and 448, everything else is the commuter rail. Hope that helps since I’m there sometimes.