Railroad Forums 

• Flexi-Van Model Photo Posted

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#434710  by NYC27

Walthers has provided a photo of the forthcoming Flexi-Van model on their website. The prices have been raised since the initial announcement but we finally have some signs of progress from them. The car is a Mark III car. Interestly they show it with one mail van and one standard van.

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/932-3921

#436564  by Dieter

Great news, I thought the last we heard was, the run was dropped due to a lack of orders.

It looks pretty sharp, but to my memory (getting a little cloudy now on the subject), I thought the car itself was safety yellow.

Anyone?

D/

#436800  by NYC27

No, the cars were very light gray. They just looked yellow after a couple of weeks on the road due to weathering.
 #973874  by foxtrot

I just picked up another one from Walthers on clearance, and now have a respectable 7 car train to put behind E units. I remember them going over the overpass by the Fuller Brush Company building in Albany but don't remember if they were solid trains of Flexi-van or run with passenger consit. If with a passenger consist did the lead or trail?
 #973878  by foxtrot

I remember the cars as dirty silver (late 60's early 70's). Yard goat used for loading and White 3000's (COEs) were yellow. Wish some one would bring out a White tractor again.