Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#142252  by Majinvegeta

Whats ur favorite IRT Line and Why?

#142266  by Frank

I had to vote for the 7. Frequent service, nice view of the skyline, and some pretty good cars that run the line. It was better when the Redbirds rode the line though. :(
 #142631  by Head-end View

Frank is right on ! An added attraction is on those #7 trains, you can still see out the front, at least in one direction, unless that's changed since my last ride a few months ago. :-D

#142745  by Robert Paniagua

Same here, what else :-D I like the 7 line too, it rocked on, especially with the Pullman Standard R36 Redbirds, and even better, I even got to videotape out the front window off the Redbirds, got to tape the exterior of them at Times Square, and I even encountered the IRT Historical train en route inbound around 45th Road/Court Square.

#142977  by Frank

Robert Paniagua wrote:Same here, what else :-D I like the 7 line too, it rocked on, especially with the Pullman Standard R36 Redbirds, and even better, I even got to videotape out the front window off the Redbirds, got to tape the exterior of them at Times Square, and I even encountered the IRT Historical train en route inbound around 45th Road/Court Square.
The R36WF Redbirds were built by St. Louis Car Company.

#143642  by 7 Train

St. Louis built the R36 World's Fair cars in 1964. These (in my opinion) were possibly the best cars St. Louis ever built, as they came in a turquoise blue ("Bluebird") color scheme and large picture windows.
 #143652  by Head-end View

7-Train: I agree with you about those cars. That original color scheme was the best and should have been retained, and the windows were cool! :wink: