Railroad Forums 

• Extension of Tibet railway

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

#371839  by george matthews

http://www.mumbai-central.com/grapevine/today.html#12
China to extend Qinghai-Tibet Railway closer to India by 2010
Beijing, Mar 8 (PTI) Tibet will start building the first branch line for the Qinghai-Tibet Railway, the world's highest this year, which will link Lhasa with Xigaze, the second largest Tibetan city, which is also close to India. Construction of an extension line of the Qinghai-Tibet railway linking Tibet's capital, Lhasa to Xigaze will start this year and the 254-km line is expected to be completed in 2010, a senior Tibetan official said here.
[/url]

#457910  by Gilbert B Norman

NBC Nightly News aired a segment regarding the Lshasa Express last night. While there was little material of interest to a rail enthusiast, it certainly appeared the car interiors were more spartan than counterparts in North America, i.e. Amtrak and VIA.

#457925  by David Benton

I think i read somewhere there were plans for a private luxury train , to be of the standard expected ,in the near future . i think the carriages are currently under construction in China .