Railroad Forums 

• ex-Nickle Plate in western ohio

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#615  by mike

Whilst tromping around the old EL main in Ohio City this past week, I got to wondering when the ex-Nickle Plate was tore up though town. I know it sat embargoed for quite some time, but when was it actually torn up? I've taken some pictures with my digital, and if I find time, I hope to post them on the internet --- the diamond where the NKP and the EL crossed is still in place to this day! The grade where the ex-NYC Cincinnati Northern branch ran through town is still quite visible as well. Thanks for any info.
 #461686  by LRS3218

Hello,
I know I am responding to an old post but an seeking more photos.
I recently visited Ohio City to check out what remains of the RR there.
I was intrigued by Mr. Morscher's photo of the Depot and diamonds there in 1978. I attempted to take photos from the same location . There is very little that remains presently. I would like to know if there are photos out there of rail road actitivty in Ohio City over the years. Besides Mr. Morscher's photo of the depot , I have found an older one taken many years before from a differnt angle.

Thank you,
Rick