Railroad Forums 

• ES40ACi penalty brake

• Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.
Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.

Moderators: MEC407, AMTK84

#726723  by SMSM007

hi all iam from egypt new locomotives es40aci work now and i do not now the position of penalty brake in locomotive .help me
 #726860  by CN Sparky

I'm not sure how to respond to this post..

On the one hand, I hope it's a joke that someone is operating a train somewhere, who doesn't know how to operate it and resorts to the internet to find out.

On the other hand, I dread to think that it's a serious question!!
 #726915  by WVU

A penalty brake is something given to the locomotive by a device on the unit. It could be the Alerter timing out from not pressing the alerter reset or something else on the control stand to reset it or Cab Signal Penalty can cause a penalty brake application also. To reset a penalty brake, put the automatic brake handle into suppression and your PC light will go out in a few seconds.
 #727366  by ENR3870

CN Sparky wrote:I'm not sure how to respond to this post..

On the one hand, I hope it's a joke that someone is operating a train somewhere, who doesn't know how to operate it and resorts to the internet to find out.

On the other hand, I dread to think that it's a serious question!!

My BS detector is going off like crazy. If they're like our new GE's then the on board computer screens tell you exactly how to recover from a Penalty brake.
 #727372  by MEC407

SMSM007 wrote:hi all iam from egypt new locomotives es40aci work now and i do not now the position of penalty brake in locomotive .help me
Please direct your question to GE. I am sure they will be able to help you.