Railroad Forums 

• Equipment Thefts

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#143223  by railrob

We need your help. The Safety Train Foundation has had it sleeper ex CB&Q Silver Crag broken in to. Taken was the complete exterior door to the car , all of the rods holding the curtins to the rooms and one of the doors to the equipment lockers. All were nicely unscrewed.Most likely these items were removed while the car was in W.Springfield MA yard. Some one fixing a Budd built car in the area?
We are a non-profit group training police, fire and ems providers in railroad operations and as a non-profit we do not have access to an endless supply of cash to replace these parts.
Please help us recover these items and email me with any information that you might have relating to these thefts.
Thanks,

#143501  by CSX Conductor

John O'Neil must be p!$$ed !!! :-(

#143656  by railrob

Beyond Pi__ed! I wonder who's car these items are being installed on?

#144934  by omar

Must be those pesky railfans. They
1 - needed to know when the move was being made & where it was.
2 - had to know what tools to bring (or have access quickly to tools).
3 - knew in advance what they wanted
4 - get around the quite formidable RR police presence at W. Springfield - you can't even drive anywhere on the property without seeing an SUV pull up within 5 minutes.

Naah! Couldn't be like Selkirk with a certain RS-1 & a brass bell & "railfans" walking on the top of the hood to "examine" said brass bell and being interrupted by the RS-1's messenger who was getting some shut-eye in the short hood!

Railfans my arse....