Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and transit operators in California past and present including Los Angeles Metrolink and Metro Subway and Light Rail, San Diego Coaster, Sprinter and MTS Trolley, Altamont Commuter Express (Stockton), Caltrain and MUNI (San Francisco), Sacramento RTD Light Rail, and others...

Moderator: lensovet

#16548  by queenlnr8

Does anyone know about employment with CalTrain? I will be moving back to the Bay Area this May and I want to try and hire on with CalTrain.

Thanks in advance!

#17458  by c604.

I think Caltrain's TY&E people are Amtrak employees. There are a few Caltrain engineers on www.trainorders.com that you can contact also and they would be able to tell you more.

#17599  by tp49

You're right CalTrain crews are actually employed by Amtrak and under contract to CalTrain.
 #89304  by fjcaron

We are indeed employed by Amtrak under contract to Caltrain, the contract has been extended for three more years with a two year option. You can find out about job opprotunities on Caltrain, by checking out http://www.teamrewards.net/amtrak and check for listings under San Jose, CA.
queenlnr8 wrote:Does anyone know about employment with CalTrain? I will be moving back to the Bay Area this May and I want to try and hire on with CalTrain.

Thanks in advance!

#95452  by modorney

What does Caltrain pay its Engineers and Conductors?