Railroad Forums 

• E-L Youngstown-Cleveland Line

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#1062437  by dansapo

bluestreak81 wrote:A recent article from 2012 discussing the possibilities of using the "Randall Secondary" line from Solon to Mantua as part of the RTA Blue Line extension.

"In the long term, the vacant Syms warehouse could be demolished to expand the park-n-ride into the south end of the property, next to Norfolk Southern’s Randall Secondary between Cleveland and Mantua, now leased by Cleveland Commercial Railroad. This rail line has been rated by the Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency as one of the region’s most promising for commuter rail."

http://allaboardohio.org/2012/01/30/aao ... sion-plan/
FYI
The old Syms building was bought last summer by a business called Orange Onions. They have spent a small fortune fixing up that place and I highly doubt that the new owner would sell out now.
What on earth are these people smoking on the continue belief that a rail line to Aurora will be needed. Aurora's mayor Lynn McGill has openly said that he wants the railroad bed to become a trail for city use.Frankly I agree.The line has sat unused for almost 18 years and Cantex has shown no interest getting rail service. Just my 2c
 #1070911  by bluestreak81

Just for the heck of it, how successful would it be to operate a tourist railroad using the Randall Secondary from Solon Road in Solon out to Route 44 in Mantua? The scenary along the line is beautiful not to mention passing by WildWater Kingdom in Aurora and ending at the former railroad station in Mantua along Route 44. The cost of rehabilitating the line would be crazy, but just wondering if it would even work.