Railroad Forums 

• Dramatic derailment near Prince George, BC

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#430911  by Clique of One

Just a very minor 'Procedural Error' by a manager or two. Nothing to get excited about. It happens daily on the 'New CN' whenever managers attempt to tackle any real work. Most of the time these incidents never see the light of day. So as far as the public goes this was only a really big barbecue at a 'Hunter Camp' that got out of control. :-D :P :wink:

#430920  by 2spot

lol.
The yard job was being run by management. They claimed that the train ran away, sideswiping another train. There is an investigation - but how far they'll go to slap management remains to be seen. It was a pretty public barbecue though.

Edit: add link: http://www.opinion250.com/

#432113  by 2spot

You might find this interesting, GB. http://www.opinion250.com/ Scroll down to an article titled "CN derailment a close call" if its been moved.
Interesting that first responders weren't allowed to know what was on the tank train during the fire, or that the employee who risked his life to uncouple the rest of the train from the burning part may face disciplinary action.
I'm not impressed with the new CN.

#432293  by Clique of One

2spot wrote:You might find this interesting, GB. http://www.opinion250.com/ Scroll down to an article titled "CN derailment a close call" if its been moved.
Interesting that first responders weren't allowed to know what was on the tank train during the fire, or that the employee who risked his life to uncouple the rest of the train from the burning part may face disciplinary action.
I'm not impressed with the new CN.
Google is my friend when it comes 'CN Rail'; http://news.google.ca/ .
It's nice to see 250 really dig in there. That's the kind of news reporting severely lacking in Canada these days with all the corporate owned right-wing media's milque toast reporting.

#432318  by 2spot

Well, the TSB has announced a full investigation into this incident: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... y/National
I hope something comes of this. The CN name has become the punchline to a joke. (edit) From an article at opinion250 - If a train crashes in the forest and nobody is there to hear it, does it make any noise?

#432347  by Clique of One

Unfortunately, when it's all said and done it'll be the rank and file unionised employees that will be blamed for this fiasco as always. Blametainers is what they have become since the beginning of the Harrison Regime. One of the edicts of this cult is to always blame the victim, whether it be the employees, Canadians, or Canadian laws. It's never because of the corporate irresponsibility and anti-union creed of the 'New CN'. Profit at all costs. Greed is good. The Canadian National Railways is not a Canadian railway there for the good of Canada and Canadians, but an American owned railway bent on bleeding the company dry to make billions for the shareholders and E Dot. We now have a foreign owned railway where Canadians not only fear for their lives but labour under some of the most draconian working conditions last seen on Canadian railways over a hundred years or more ago. And with the newer technology being implemented by the company the employees working conditions are becoming impossible. Everything they think, do, and even say is now under the watchful eyes and ears of Harrison's minions. The working environment on the 'New CN' has become poisoned for the sake of greed.

#432473  by 2spot

Sometime in the last year or so, I found and transcribed (on RR.net) an email EHH sent to all employees after the death of two BC railroaders. I was contacted by two CN employees wanting to know where I had found the email. I didn't respond, but don't think some of you guys are looking out for one another & I'm being very PC in that statement. So I know what you mean about 'minions'.
E-Dot's current contract expires in 2008. I know a couple guys who work for CN and hear some of the stories and it sounds terrible there. I don't know if Harrison is ready to stop the gravy train yet. I hope he goes and doesn't leave a "mini-me" replacement for himself beforehand. Lets hope the rest of CN and you guys & girls survive the EHH era.
Frankly I'm surprised nobodys gone postal to date.

#432478  by trainmaster_1

2spot wrote:Sometime in the last year or so, I found and transcribed (on RR.net) an email EHH sent to all employees after the death of two BC railroaders. I was contacted by two CN employees wanting to know where I had found the email. I didn't respond, but don't think some of you guys are looking out for one another & I'm being very PC in that statement. So I know what you mean about 'minions'.
E-Dot's current contract expires in 2008. I know a couple guys who work for CN and hear some of the stories and it sounds terrible there. I don't know if Harrison is ready to stop the gravy train yet. I hope he goes and doesn't leave a "mini-me" replacement for himself beforehand. Lets hope the rest of CN and you guys & girls survive the EHH era.
Frankly I'm surprised nobodys gone postal to date.
That mini-me replacement is Keith Creel, EHH second man in command. :(