Railroad Forums 

• DOES ANYONE LIVE NEAR RENOVO ?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#163488  by Drawhead

GOLDEN-ARM If youd like a list of all the 80+ cabs that were at Renovo and for sale back in 1995 when i bought mine let me know.You could compare them with Art's numbers.It has all the Conrail numbers listed of those there and what road the cabs were from.At the time i also bought the video tape from the broker that was selling them that showed many of them.There were about 24-25 LV hacks there at that time.My printer and scanner are presently down but i'll be more than glad to mail you a copy of the list if you'd like.My email is:
[email protected]
 #163979  by Beech Cricker

There has been an ad in the last several issues of Trains magazine offering for sale cabooses "located in PA." The b&w photo in the ad shows a string of Conrail cabooses. I'm almost certain these are the ones in Avis. For a sample of the ad, see the March issue, p. 111, center. This particular ad says that only 8 remain--when I and a few others walked this line of cabooses at AV 2-3 years ago, there were about 20 cabooses there, almost all in need of some major TLC. I don't see this ad in the current issue (October) and my April-September issues are with a friend so I'm not able to search for the ad in those to see if they indicate any less than 8 are still available.

Jeff
 #163981  by Beech Cricker

I looked up my pix from the day a few years ago where we were in the Avis. I found I took but one pic, such as it is, of the cabooses at Avis. This shows just some of the cabooses on hand that day.

See:

http://community.webshots.com/user/beechcricker

Go to the album titled "PA Trip Railroads June 2003"

then look for the photo with file name

p1010041

Jeff[/url]

#164239  by GOLDEN-ARM

Thanks again to everyone who has responded. I am unable to locate a back issue, at my newsstand, so I won't be able to go that route. Hoping someone will come up with a definitive answer, on the missing hacks. I will keep searching, for answers. Regards :wink:

#164378  by Drawhead

GOLDEN-ARM,
I just got out my back issues of TRAINS The ad was last listed in the August issue.It mentions 6 cabs left with a price of $8,500.00 each and located in Pa. Trucking available.For more information the phone number listed is (717) 426-4919

#164625  by GOLDEN-ARM

Thanks there, Draw, I will give 'em a call, and see what's left. will post whatever numbers/info, the folks there are able to provide. Regards :wink: