Railroad Forums 

• Disabled CSX engine on Worcester branch line

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#286057  by boatsmate

Hi All,

I spoted a CSX Manifest train on the Worcester line at Shrewsburry st in West Boylston just before the crossing (Litterly). saw the CSX Engine Maintainer and A helper working on the engine and across the street sat either CSX train master, or CSX police in an unmarked blazer. the track was Blue flagged in front of the engine. I could not get an Engine number And don't know the train symbol either. My Scanner was not in the car, and I was running late and had to get to work.

Bill

#286060  by Ron Newman

Shouldn't this be posted under CSX and not Guilford?

#286247  by boatsmate

This happened on Gilford Property on the B&M main line to Worcester. apox 3 miles from the yard limits headed north

#288894  by jwhite07

The daily freights on the Worcester Main Line are SEPO (eastbound) and POSE (westbound). Your "northbound" train would have been SEPO heading up toward Ayer from Worcester.

On CSX, they're symboled Q426 eastbound and Q427 westbound.

About what time of day did this happen? I live in West Boylston and cross over the Shrewsbury Street grade crossing around noontime every day, but I missed all the excitement that day.