• Delivery and revenue service status of Silverliner V cars

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by septadude

I like the image idea. I don't know about everyone else, but I can't tally up the cars based on sequential posts. A single image makes it really easy.
  by aquadan005

Maybe this question has been asked and answered already (if so my apologies). I noticed in that post with the backround image that the 700 series numbers are single column while the 800 series cars are listed with a back slash between to sequential numbers. Does this mean those 800 series will be married pairs and the 700 series will all be single cars?
  by scotty269

aquadan005 wrote:Maybe this question has been asked and answered already (if so my apologies). I noticed in that post with the backround image that the 700 series numbers are single column while the 800 series cars are listed with a back slash between to sequential numbers. Does this mean those 800 series will be married pairs and the 700 series will all be single cars?
Yes.

On top of that, the 900 series numbering will be reserved for widowed cars, in the event that there will be a divorce, widows will not be considered single for accounting purposes.

/joke
  by SpringMillR6

I apologize for not knowing this, but what is the meaning of the (Canadian?) maple leaf flag notation for train #702?
  by Nick L

702 is in Canada for HVAC testing. (They have a big chamber there where they can control the environmental conditions at will).
  by nomis

Nick L wrote:Time to update the graphic now that 807-808 is in service?
already done dear sir, just hit refresh on the page.
  by SEPTAR2Newark

trainspot wrote:Anyone have the car numbers of the 2 handed off at Woodbourne earlier this week?
I missed it by minutes!
I believe they were 706 and 707
  by Silverliner II

Three more Silverliner V's were ferried from South Philadelphia to Woodbourne today by a CSX extra; I ran into the conductor off that job on my way out of work. He hadn't checked out car numbers, however.
  by nomis

708,811-812 are handed off to Woodbourne this morning.

I will update the graphic once I get home. Also, re706-707 I would like an authoritative posting, not just an assumption, as logical as it seems.