Railroad Forums 

• Deer (and hitting other stuff)

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#196864  by Gner43

Can you hit deer on the railway :O! i never knew u could. I don't know if my train simulator is any different. I take it, practically everyone on this forum is american?

#196869  by Rockingham Racer

I've hit a few :( When I checked the back of the train, I believe there were no remnants of them at all.

#226464  by CRail

ones i've hit aparently have no matter, for they are still standing there when the rear of the train passes. I have also hit a person standing on the track just south of columbia falls on the marias pass route on MSTS. The person, as well, was still standing there when the end of the train passed.

#255417  by dgraiani

Just to see what a collision in msts looks like, I placed a whole bunch of stuff (a motor home, a few people, some trees, a few trucks...etc.) on the tracks just ouside of philly. When i tried to crash into them, the train just went through them, nothing happened!

#283176  by Engineer Spike

As an engineer, this is not somewhere you want to go! I have hit dozens of deer. I have hit a cow too. Don't get into this. Someone will put a person, and this is not funny!
In the span of a week, I had two bad situations. First I hit two beagles. They get on a scent, and get single-mindedly focused. They would not stop. The next event was hitting a person. I don't want to go into detail, but the results were not pleasant! Please don't go here!