Railroad Forums 

• DANGEROUS - 11,000 VOLTS: T-shirt

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
 #1066291  by Otto Vondrak

I was inspired by a train ride on the old New Haven today and I came up with this idea for a t-shirt... If there is sufficient "traction" for the idea, I will consider getting them produced. The design celebrates the New Haven's pioneering work in A.C. main line electrification wayyyy back in 1907, often overlooked in the shadow of more "famous" electric projects that followed such as the PRR and Milwaukee Road.

-otto-
Attachments:
DANGEROUS t-shirt ©Otto Vondrak
DANGEROUS t-shirt ©Otto Vondrak
new-haven-electric-t-shirt.jpg (31.77 KiB) Viewed 7537 times
 #1066303  by 3rdrail

I'd suggest having an option of a plain reverse, Otto, which may give it a more tasteful appearance to some. :-)
 #1066387  by CannaScrews

You need to have it in Spanish too.

After all, people in The Bronx need some fashion.

PS. I'm serious - I grew up in The Bronx. But I don't know what the 2nd language should be on the Bay Ridge Line.
 #1066437  by Otto Vondrak

3rdrail wrote:I'd suggest having an option of a plain reverse, Otto, which may give it a more tasteful appearance to some. :-)
I was trying to make it look like the signs, which are white printing on dark background. I mean, I could make it black printing on white, but I think that would take away the context. Are dark gray t-shirts distasteful?

-otto-
Last edited by Otto Vondrak on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #1066461  by 3rdrail

I have to be honest, Otto. To me, the reverse screams "foamer". The obverse alone is perfect. If I can get an "obverse only", please put me down for one in 2XL. (Then again, this is coming from the guy who runs under a clothesline in a panto-helmet.)
 #1066490  by Otto Vondrak

3rdrail wrote:I have to be honest, Otto. To me, the reverse screams "foamer". The obverse alone is perfect. If I can get an "obverse only", please put me down for one in 2XL. (Then again, this is coming from the guy who runs under a clothesline in a panto-helmet.)
I understand what you're trying to say, and I appreciate the feedback, but I can't produce one-offs very easily. Perhaps another time?

For everyone else, here is the link to to order the t-shirts. They will only be available by pre-order, and orders close August 10. Shirts will ship via USPS the week of August 20.

Thanks for your support.

http://nywbry.com/newhaven-electric-shirts.php

-otto-
 #1066523  by 3rdrail

My order just went in to show my support. It'll be a great train show shirt.
 #1066618  by Otto Vondrak

3rdrail wrote:It'll be a great train show shirt.
Exactly. And quite rare, I may add, since I don't expect to sell more than 30 or 40. So you know if you spot someone else wearing this shirt, they are a member of a very elite "club!"

:-)

-otto-
 #1076041  by Otto Vondrak

The t-shirts are here! And I've begun mailing out the first few orders from the post office in Harrison, New York.

Thanks to everyone for their support... and patience!

-otto-
Attachments:
NH Electric T-Shirt ©2012 OMV
NH Electric T-Shirt ©2012 OMV
NH_Tshirt.jpg (48.78 KiB) Viewed 7281 times