Railroad Forums 

• D&H lightning stripe GP38 in Kenwood Yard

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#93439  by Otto Vondrak

Caught a D&H lightning stripe unit switching in Kenwood Yard today- was wondering how many units are left wearing this paint scheme?

-otto-

#93480  by metman499

I have seen three painted in D&H in the last year. One is supposed to stay painted that way, 7312. I can't remember the numbers on the other two.

#93565  by Otto Vondrak

I took some of my own advice and answered my own question:

http://www.bridge-line.org/blhs/gp38-2.html

There are three: 7304, 7307, and 7312. I saw 7404 in Kenwood Yard on Sunday afternoon. I've also seen 7312 in Taylor Yard in Scranton, Pa.

-otto-
Last edited by Otto Vondrak on Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

#93961  by ANDY117

Ive seen ex- D&H units painted in the beaver scheme with D&H shields on the nose? Is this a new paint scheme?

#94025  by Otto Vondrak

No, the point is that this is an old paint scheme, dating from the 1950s and was applied to the RS's, the PA's, and the GP's. D&H units through the 1970s also wore a scheme that was all blue with yellow trim and safety stripes, before succumbing to Guilford gray and orange after 1983.

If you see CP units with D&H logos on them, those are decals applied by fans, not official paint schemes. Most of the D&H is operated as the St Lawrence & Hudson - STL&H.

-otto-

#94421  by Trackmobile

I thought the StL&H no longer existed as of 2001?