NYC27 wrote: ↑Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:20 am
MEC407 wrote:One of the STB documents mentions that Vermont & Massachusetts Railroad (V&M) is 98% owned by Boston & Maine Corporation. Who owns the remaining 2%? I can't seem to find that in the document, but in my defense it's almost 400 pages long and I'm not going to read the whole damned thing.
Unknown....P&W had acquired V&M shares and used them as leverage, trading them to B&M/GTI to get the 3 miles from Barber to Worcester and the last mile of the Gardner Branch on the north end back in 1984. Bob Eder was a sneaky SOB.
I am absolutely stunned that the Vermont & Massachusetts, a railroad that has not had an independent existence since 1874
, still has a corporate existence.
It's entirely possible that nobody today knows who exactly owns those other shares. They're probably paper certificates sitting in a safe deposit box in a bank somewhere in New England.