Railroad Forums 

• CSX F40PH Engines question

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#423068  by Robert Paniagua

I know that these were Amtrak units, but do these 99xx-series engines still have HEP for their office cars? I wasn't too sure about that.

Also, do they still use them every now and them for their office cars, I haven't see one lately.

#423159  by CSXT 700

Yes and Yes.

I cant rember the two that were up here, but the day after NS ran there train from NY to Chicago, in June, two of the F40's and 9 cars ran from Chicago to NY.

#423166  by Robert Paniagua

Oh thats good, Im glad they are still around. Hopefully they'll be in Washington dc-Bosaton Area, maybe I'll be able to see them in person before my eyes :-) hey look cool in their CSX paint sceme.

#423535  by conrail_engineer

Robert Paniagua wrote:Oh thats good, Im glad they are still around. Hopefully they'll be in Washington dc-Bosaton Area, maybe I'll be able to see them in person before my eyes :-) hey look cool in their CSX paint sceme.
I hope they're there also...and NOT on MY section of the railroad.

Where goes The Boss, goes weeping and gnashing of teeth...

#423614  by CSX Conductor

The 9992 & 9998 lead the OCS from Selkirk to Beacon Park & return about 6 weeks ago.