Railroad Forums 

• CSX exit from Philadelphia

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#835287  by gprimr1

Hey

I know CSX enters Philadelphia from Chester PA follows a long the Schykull river up to Vine interlocking.

Then I know that CSX leaves Philadelphia via CP Belmont and onto the Trenton subdivision.

But my question is this; is there another way out of Philadelphia? I know there are railroad tracks in south Philadelphia that go up the Delaware river.

Is there another way out of Philly heading north?
 #835509  by SEPTAR3kid

gprimr1 wrote:Hey

I know CSX enters Philadelphia from Chester PA follows a long the Schykull river up to Vine interlocking.

Then I know that CSX leaves Philadelphia via CP Belmont and onto the Trenton subdivision.

But my question is this; is there another way out of Philadelphia? I know there are railroad tracks in south Philadelphia that go up the Delaware river.

Is there another way out of Philly heading north?
Nope, the CSX yard in South Philadelphia is CSX's south philly yard which is where many of the trains originate or end such as Q405, Q406, Q190, Q191 ect...but theres basically one way in and one way out and thats to up to CP Field at upenn across the river. There, trains either go east on the highline or west through arsenal and the 58th street connector. You could go up Columbus Boulevard from the south philly yard but that just dead ends at race street and has no connection to the trenton sub or philly sub.
 #854550  by stevemiller

ahhhhhh mr septa kid forgets all railroads are linked, if you had to get north out of philly you can use the trenton line to north jersey or.............. wait for it............ go on amtrac .
 #854779  by SEPTAR3kid

stevemiller wrote:ahhhhhh mr septa kid forgets all railroads are linked, if you had to get north out of philly you can use the trenton line to north jersey or.............. wait for it............ go on amtrac .
wouldn't that be east on the highline? that takes you up the Trenton Sub. And yes you could also go up the nec if you went of the delair branch but that would also mean going east on the highline from arsenal.