• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

Track 2 is out of service somewhere on the Coast Line. No power to the catenary wires...
  by Bracdude181

Picking up the EOTD now, so they must be approaching Church Running Track. Looks like they are a little late.
  by Bracdude181

SA31 is pulling onto Church Running Track. Did not hear them call for permission. Sounds like a different conductor than usual.

CSX 4432 leading with CSX 6242 trailing.

Car count to follow.
  by Bracdude181

SA31 is sitting just before the switch where the Church Running Track merges with the Coast Line. No call ins to Coast Line whatsoever.

It’s the normal conductor but the engineer looks different. Friend of mine says it might be an engineer he knows from way back in the pre Shared Assets days.
  by Bracdude181

Permission to open up 4:27 PM
  by Bracdude181

13 cars for Woodhaven and one tank of ethanol for Bel-Ray. 14 cars total.

Lined and Locked normal 4:39
  by Bracdude181

Train went over the parkway just before 5 at a very slow speed. Couldn’t have been more than 15 MPH. Normally they do around 30...
  by R&DB

If as you stated earlier Track 2 is out, they were probably being held by NJT.
  by Bracdude181

Clear of bank interlocking on the Southern Secondary 5:35 PM
  by Bracdude181

@R&DB Yeah, I just don’t know where that was, and they came into Red Bank kinda slowly too.

Dispatch said Track 2 out of service near a place called Lloyd. (CP Lloyd I would guess. I don’t know all the interlockings)
  by R&DB

LLoyd is in Matawan just south of the station. There used to be a tower at the interlocking for the Seashore Bach. tt also controlled the Freehold Branch and the Matawan yard.
Last edited by R&DB on Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  by Bracdude181

Under the Tinton Ave bridge 5:54 PM
  by RailsEast

And not a box car in sight, centerbeams and a tank this week. Eatontown at 5:55 in the pm.
  by Bracdude181

Train got stuck at Hamilton Rd for 10 minutes and only just barely cleared the road. The rails are in bad shape and they had no traction despite laying the sand down thick.

Edit: I’ll try to post the video of them struggling to get moving tomorrow. Depends on how Google photos is feeling. Only works when it feels like it lol.
  by Bracdude181

Train appears to have stopped at Collingswood Auction