Railroad Forums 

• Courier Post article on PATCO extension

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#186215  by glennk419

mgdemarco2 wrote:Here is an article from today's Courier:

http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/p ... 60360/1006

The most frustrating part is what the SouthJersey NIMBYS have said in previous articles. They don't want grade crossings and they don't want an elevated ROW like the current PATCO line in Camden County.
I guess the only other option is a subway then?

$1.5M for another round of public hearings? Amazing.......

#186251  by JLo

I chuckle at the RPA's suggestions for more funding--my favorite being a tax on containers arriving at the state's port. That would seem to me to be a tariff, and I am fairly certain states can no longer impose them once we got this thing called the Constitution. In addition, I wonder how long before Nova Scotia or Baltimore become the port of choice with that thinking.

How about Trenton first stops wasting money on stupid stuff before taxing us some more? Did we really need to sepdn $200,000 on a consultant for a new state motto, only to decide we don't really like their suggestions?

#186348  by David

JLo wrote:
How about Trenton first stops wasting money on stupid stuff before taxing us some more? Did we really need to sepdn $200,000 on a consultant for a new state motto, only to decide we don't really like their suggestions?

Ya---What ever happened to New Joisey and you, Puifect together? :-D