Railroad Forums 

• Conway Scenic Railroad (CSRX) discussion thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1549807  by b&m 1566

Did the Conway Scenic 2020 brochures ever make it out, before Covid struck? Just curious, as I have every brochure going back to 1996, so I would like to get my hands on one for this year if possible. I know they were very, very late with this year's schedule in general (before Covid shut down everything), they only had the Easter Bunny Express and their Mother's Day brunch specials listed on their website.
 #1550505  by drvmusic

I am going on Wednesday and will let you know. We went to Hannaford/WalMart, etc... yesterday, and the brochures in all of the holders were 2019.
b&m 1566 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:47 am Did the Conway Scenic 2020 brochures ever make it out, before Covid struck? Just curious, as I have every brochure going back to 1996, so I would like to get my hands on one for this year if possible. I know they were very, very late with this year's schedule in general (before Covid shut down everything), they only had the Easter Bunny Express and their Mother's Day brunch specials listed on their website.
 #1551048  by b&m 1566

There will be a Railfans Weekend this year taking place on September 5th and 6th. The event will be scaled back, photo freight on Saturday with an unusual lash up for Sunday's notch train (4268 powerless unit?). 7470 will not be used for this years event but I wonder if they will pull it out for display?
 #1551087  by NHV 669

They mentioned that it was undergoing minor work and upgrades, the display option at HQ doesn't seem out of the question. I like the idea of an oddball lashup through the Notch, the steam chases have been a PITA with folks who can't grasp the basic concept of not needing to stand within 2' of the gauge to get a shot.
 #1551544  by b&m 1566

I was just looking at their website and took notice to another name change, it appears they have dropped the "Valley Train" name and are rebranding it as the "Heritage Excursions", focusing more on the old fashioned train ride experience vs a scenic train ride experience. I had no idea that was rebranded too, its been a long time since I checked out their website, was that changed back when they changed the "Notch Train" to the "Mountaineer"?
 #1551559  by trainern8

I noticed that for the first time as well today when looking at the website. I hadn't heard of the renaming before then, but I think it makes sense. The new website looks great! I visit it quite a bit to check for new things, so I think the updates went live today or at least within the past few days.
 #1551582  by b&m 1566

I went on there to see if they updated their Wheel Report, I used to like reading those but I guess they're not writing those anymore.
I wish they had a tab that showed their entire schedule vs needing to click on each day to see what trains are running. Also the Mountaineer schedule doesn't specify if trains are going to Fabyan Station this fall, are they dropping that from the schedule this year due to the Covid restrictions?
 #1551741  by BandA

FAQ link broken, link to wheel report goes instead to Events, i.e. a photoshoot train. Also there is a tiny typo. Overall very nice website. "Excursion Trains" includes both Conway Valley & Bartlett Excursion. This is a smidge confusing.

It's great that they publish the time & mileage info.
 #1551744  by Bill Reidy

From the Conway Daily Sun:

Conway Scenic to hold Railfans' Weekend, Sept. 5-6

CONWAY — Conway Scenic Railroad will be operating several special trains using historic equipment during its annual Railfans' Weekend, Sept. 5-6.

On Saturday, CSRR will re-create 1950-60s-era local freight trains using restored historic freight cars. These trains will depart at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. from the 1874-built North Conway station.

"If demand warrants, these trains will carry a rider-coach along with a traditional caboose to accommodate ticketed photographers," said Brian Solomon, events and marketing coordinator for the 1974-founded railroad.

https://www.conwaydailysun.com/news/loc ... f3b20.html