Wow, that's a mouth full !
CERA, Ct Elect. Ry Assoc is located at Warehouse Point, just off Route 91, right after you cross the Ct river. It's about 15 minutes north of Hartford.
They operate on 1 1/2 miles of Hartford & Springfield trolley line. That line went between the named cities on both side of the Ct river. There were three East-West spirs, this line was one of them.
There are about 70 pieces in the collection, which include: trolleys; interurbans; PCCs; box cab elect.; MU commuters; diesel engines; MOW equip. & trackless trolleys. There is a fire & bus museum on the same property. The fire museum has one building crammed full of vintage trucks.
- #4 a sightseeing car from Montreal. She's open with the floor angled like a movie theather.
- #451 a double ended PCC from Ill. Term.
- #2600 & #2056 trolleys from Montreal
- #836 a New Orleans trolley
- #1850 a 13 bench open car from Rio De Janeiro
Visitors Center has a number of other restored cars on display.
I enjoy operating #451 plus #4 in the middle of Winter (they do a Christmas thing called Winterfest).
They are now open Saturday & Sundays