Railroad Forums 

• CNW paint

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#808529  by atsf sp

How many engines are still in CNW paint whether patched or unpatched. I know there are only 2 unpatched but are there still a considerable amount that still have the green paint?
 #809631  by hinge817

im not sure how many, but i do see a few from time to time on coal trains as second out. kinda like the unpainted sp motors. they are few and far between but come around cuz it seems like they send all the old s%&t this way. most are repainted and given new numbers but the ones that havent yet, ive seen have had a number in the 6000 range. cnw and sp included. if they have been fitted with the harris box (dp) then they might be on the lead or dp unit. other than that im not sure. we still have a few ssw units in use for other jobs that are the black and red. older gp40s and the like
 #823643  by Tadman

somewhat on-topic: the SP bandits seem to appear quite frequently on the run-through coal trains on the South Shore. Not a place you'd expect to see big SP-painted GE's.
 #824248  by atsf sp

I did actually catch a patched CNW unit DPU on a westboud coal train in gering, NE. It was cool cause it still had its CNW number along with its UP number.